Have you ever wondered if seeing someone professionally might help with the things that are making you unhappy?
1. Do you have goals that are difficult to reach because of obstacles within yourself or from others?
2. How are you’re relationships? Are you listening and communicating well with your partner or family members?
There are so many reasons to seek counseling. Sometimes just at certain points in our lives we may need some support.
3. Have you lost a partner or significant person in your life? Would you benefit from working it through with a grief counselor?
4. Maybe you’re heading into a divorce and need some support or maybe you’re trying to save your relationship one last time!
5. Perhaps you feel down a lot of the time. Did you know that your thoughts greatly affect your mood? In counseling you can look at those thoughts and see if they are true.
6. Or do you struggle with anxiety each day trying hard to get through your day? Relaxation exercises can help calm your anxiety. You can learn to manage it better.
7. Have you recently become a blended family? Parenting and couple issues will dominate the first year.
8. Difficult teenagers? Need some parenting tips?
9. Are you planning on getting married soon? Have you discussed all the “topics” that will come up in your married life?
10. Hard being on your own? Want to figure out how to find a partner? Want to elevate your self-esteem?
11. Do you struggle with social phobia that keeps you from going to parties and meeting new people? Nervous about your job interview?
12. Has your partner recently returned from war? Do you guys need help transitioning back into civilian life?
So as you can see, counseling is not for crazies or losers. It’s for those people who desire an improved lifestyle and need some help maneuvering through some of life’s most important challenges.
The relationship you have with your therapist will have a large effect on your growth. Pick someone that you feel comfortable with and who listens well.