When verbal abuse escalates into physical abuse it is definitely time to leave! You and your children are in danger!
How to leave safely is the question. Here are a few suggestions.
1. Make sure you find a cabinet or drawer near your exit door containing these important items like important phone numbers and extra clothing.
2 Have a plan for places you will go when you leave.
3. Keep car keys, money, and important papers such as birth certificates, social security cards, etc.
5. Tell someone what’s going on and ask for help.
6. Leave when your partner is out of the home. Often leaving can spiral your partner’s anger.
7. You can always have the police escort you out of you home.
You must protect your children and yourself. You must make a careful plan if you want to leave.
I am attaching a link to a very detailed list of how to leave your home. Please read it and perhaps print it out. Start working through the steps as you prepare to leave. Read More>>>
I know it’s hard and scary but what choice do you have? You may not realize it now because of years of put downs and control but you deserve so much more than you’re getting!