If you find that communicating with your partner about difficult topics at home, spirals into a fight; then discussing it my office might be helpful for you.
Here’s what we will do:
1. Come prepared with a topic to discuss.
2. Choose your highest priority
3. I will ask you to use the skills you’ve learned working with me to discuss your issue in session.
4. I will interject only when I feel your communication is not effective at that moment
5. I will gently say pause and you will have the opportunity to repeat what you said but in a way that your partner can take in what you are saying
If you think this technique might work for you because you’ve tried discussing important topics with your partner at home without much success, then look into couple’s counseling. (626) 335-0903, Glendora