So you’re not happy in your relationship or maybe your unsettled about things about yourself but it gets mixed up in your relationship. Think having an affair might help? Think it will make you want your partner more? Probably not, actually it will create a chasm between you that will be hard to find your way back. It’s a big risk. If your partner finds out you may lose everything that you don’t realize you have.
Here are 5 things to do first before you have an affair:
1. Go see a therapist and explore yourself and your relationship. Figure out why your unhappy.
2. When you have clarity share with your partner why you are feeling unhappy in the relationship. Start problem solving together.
3. Start couple’s counseling for support and communication skills you may be lacking.
3 Agree to both make some changes in your relationship that may meet both your needs, increase intimacy and happiness.
4. Start having date night and share true thoughts and feelings, dreams about your life.
5. Commit to 3 months without exits to do everything you both can to save your relationship before you decide to have an affair.
If you try these 5 things you may save you and your partner a lot of heartache. You’ll maintain your integrity and honor your commitment.
If after you’ve done everything you can to improve your relationship but you’re still not happy then perhaps you’re with the wrong person.
If so, be fair and kind and let the person know how you feel and say goodbye. It’s so less complicated than cheating.
Please share your story and questions!!!