Christmas time is a very exciting yet hectic time for couples and families. There are so many things to knock off your list that you can become stressed out and that can affect your relationship.
Here are 5 Things you can do to muddle through without affecting your relationship:
1. Make a list together and divide the tasks.
2. Take time out to talk about your stress and feeling overwhelmed
3. Discuss the budget for gifts and entertainment
4. Ask you partner for help and/or tell them what you need from them. Express appreciation always!
5. Take a time-out if things get heated, then discuss the topic again later when you are feeling calm and open again.
6. Share your expectations for the holiday
7. Support one another when dealing with relatives during the holiday
8. Make a plan to have someone (grandma) watch the kids so that you can accomplish tasks.
9. Also, remember things don’t have to be perfect. Remember the reason for the holiday and join with the ones you love…