- I think we all know too well the meaning of the word divorce but just out of curiosity I looked it up in a dictionary. It said quite eloquently, the legal dissolution of a marriage and a complete or radical severance of closely connected things.
- I understand the legal dissolution but the radical severance of the closely connected people is not always possible when there are children involved. In fact, it is just the opposite especially when the effects of divorce on our children need to be our highest priority.
- Parents that are able to stay in their cooperative adult around one another or when speaking of the other parent to their child; will make a very difficult time for your child a bit easier to bare.If you can uphold the “normalness” of your child’s life even though it’s anything but normal, your child’s transition will be easier.2 Warning Signs Your Child May Be Suffering
Mood changes including anger, sadness, anxiety, irritation, rage, crying, sleeping more or less, eating more or less
- Difficulty concentrating at school and subsequently grades decline.*Counseling Glendora- I offer counseling for families, couples, individuals and teens in navigating the sometimes-rough waters of divorce. If I can help, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 335-0903Ilissa Banhazl, MFT, http://www.ilissabanhazlmft.com
- Serving Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Chino communities and more…For more on “Parenting” visit