The TV show Madmen transports you to another time; except it feels like another world. It is eye opening for women and men to see the changes in women, men and relationships since then.
1. Women were still submissive and oppressed in the 60’s.
2. They needed to fight for their rights to be equal to men.
3. Most men controlled relationships and women were afraid to use their voices.
4. It is understandable how womens’ rights and the sexual revolution confused men and challenged how they treated women.
5. Dating, relationships and marriage are more challenging since that era.
Today, 40% of women are the breadwinners in their family making more money than their husbands. 60% say that they do more housework in the home and spend more time caring for their children and are calling for men to help more. Women still face challenges but “We’ve come a long way baby!”
Have you found your voice yet? Watch the show on Netflix. It could encourage you to use your voice.