I’m sure that you can think of numerous reasons why people might divorce. The bottom line is that both or one of the partners has decided they would be happier on their own.
Here are some causes of divorce:
1. Disagreement about short and long-term goals
2. Financial difficulties
3. Difficult blended family issues
4. Poor communication
5. No sex life
6. Differences in parenting
7. Problems with extended family
8. Health problems
9. Loss of a child
10. Children with special needs including emotional needs
11. Unhappiness with your own personal life, career etc.
12. Extra-marital affairs
13. Different values
14. Religious Disagreements
15. Introvert vs. Extravert Personality
16. Passive-aggressive behaviors
17. Intimacy issues
18. Addiction issues
None of these issues standing on their own have to lead people to divorce. You always have the option of seeking professional help to sort out the difficulties and improve effective communication.