If you are going through a divorce or are fighting with your partner in front of your children; you probably will begin to notice some “not so positive” changes in your children.
Here are some of symptoms or changes you may see in your child:
1. One of the very first things we see with children is difficulty concentrating at school2
2.Your child might feel fearful, insecure and unsafe.
3. Your child may feel confused.
4. Your child may feel angry and may express it by acting out or seeming depressed.3.
5. Your child may struggle with eating or sleeping.
6. Your child may start having nightmares or wetting their bed.
7. Your child might cry easily and often.
8. Your child might isolate themselves from friends.
9. In severe cases a child may cut him or herself or attempt suicide. Be watchful and involved. Take any statements in this regard seriously.
This is why in therapy we work to keep the family together, if thats what you want.
For more information on counseling contact Ilissa Banhazl, marriage and family therapist in Glendora at (626) 335-0903.
***Look for Part 2 of Children and Divorce in my next blog!
Any comment or opinion about this topic?