Some people wake up everyday feeling physically and emotionally anxious. This is diagnosed as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, (GAD). It can be a predisposed genetic disposition and it can be learned or worsened by an anxiety provoking childhood or experience. Often anxiety is accompanied by depression. Depression can also be biologically based but also feeling anxious everyday could depress anyone. It’s hard.
While other people experience anxiety situationally and that is much easier to live with and falls within the normal range of expected emotion. However, we must remember that this is based on a continuum of mild to severe.
Here are 7 things you can do to manage you anxiety.
These techniques should be done regularly if you want to experience any long lasting positive results. Of course these exercises will always be helpful in a pinch, temporarily.
- Take deep cleansing breaths from your tummy not your chest. Breather in deeply and blow it out your nose at least 3 times.
- Listen to music, dance, play an instrument or sing
- Journal or write poetry
- Draw or paint
- Do a craft
- Call a safe person
- Take walks
- Find quiet time, shut off your phone and computer
- Watch television
- Take a nap
- Get a massage
- See a therapist 1x a week
- Join an Anxiety Group
- Use imagery to take you to a safe and happy place
These techniques work! Sometimes you need to talk to someone to get out your thoughts and feelings that contribute to your anxiety….
If so visit>>>