The best advice I can give you for dating is pretty simple. Be yourself!
1.You do not want to give “too much” personal information on the first date because it can be overwhelming for your date.
2.You do not want to ask your date any very personal questions on the first date either.
- Stick to topics that are trendy or newsy but don’t get too political.
- It’s always good to ask your date some lighter questions so you show an interest.
5. Either the date will work or it won’t and that’s okay.
- If you try to be someone you are not it probably won’t last. You have to accept that you are good enough to present yourself honestly. If you can’t, than perhaps some sessions of counseling to work on self-esteem.
- If you’re putting on some kind of facade when you’re dating; you might want to ask yourself why. What is it about yourself that you are not able to accept and not willing to put out there?
- This works both ways. If it feels like your date is being superficial and doesn’t have a real plan for a relationship and you are; it’s best to pass and move on to someone new.
Now get out there and try! Rejection is something you can get used to when you accept that it’s not personal, it’s just not a good match. Let it go! Move on!
For counseling regarding dating; uneasiness or rejection, disappointment or fear…
Let’s make dating a positive experience for you…